Question:
does the mail go out faster if you mail at the post office or from a satalite office?
ctgal15
2006-01-16 23:05:28 UTC
does the mail go out faster if you mail at the post office or from a satalite office?
Three answers:
Marcariel
2006-01-16 23:24:02 UTC
In my experience it will get to the destination faster if you mail it at the Post Office.

I mailed a letter Express Mail (2 day mail) to my daughter from a satellite office. I mailed it after the "pick-up" on Monday, the letter was not picked up until 4:30 the next afternoon (Tuesday) and it didn't get to her for another 2 days after that. So it took from Monday until Friday to get to her. I have mailed at the Post Office and it gets there in 2 days.
booksensei
2006-01-16 23:42:29 UTC
The thing to look for is last pickup, which is printed on the mail boxes. If the last pickup is 5:30 PM, and you put the mail in at 6:00 PM, it's going to sit there until at least the morning, and possibly later, if they only do one pickup a day at that mailbox.

I can't say I've ever noticed a difference between mail time that isn't because of pickup times.
oldtimer
2006-01-16 23:48:33 UTC
As long as you mail it at a satelite before the last pickup of the day, it will be taken to the main post office and be sent out that night with all the rest.